CARING, EDUCATING AND CONSERVING
The Wildlife Rockstars Program is a wildlife & conservation education program run by our staff and day program members. As part of their rehabilitation, members are re-building and learning new skills as they are trained in the handling and care of live native and exotic animals, birds, reptiles and more! They inspire audiences with their knowledge of our animal ambassadors and their personal stories of rebuilding their lives following a tragic accident or injury. As far as we're concerned, they ROCK!
The Wildlife Rockstars visit schools, veteran, youth and senior groups, nursing homes, and community events to share information about their animal ambassadors and encourage environmental and wildlife conservation awareness.
We are currently providing on-site presentations with our staff and members following CDC recommendations for masks and social distancing. Virtual programs are also available. Reserve your one of a kind Wildlife Rockstars presentation today!
We are a USDA Licensed and Insured Program
Below is a list of Wildlife & Conservation Education Programs We Offer. They Can Be In-Person or Virtual.
- It Flies, It Creeps, It Crawls- An educational program using birds, amphibians, and reptile animal ambassadors to teach about the different ecosystems and habitats a species inhabits. The program allows the patron to get a view of the world from the animal ambassadors point and discover ways to conserve and protect their habitat.
- So, You Want To Be A Wildlife Rockstar: This educational program goes over the basic animal care duties. The program is geared towards children and teens and allows them to see into the life of animal caretaking. The patrons will learn about enrichment and why it’s important for animals in captivity. This educational program is also used in association with our scout badge program, where troops come and volunteer their time to help with animal husbandry. Scouts will also partake in using recycled materials like toilet paper rolls, plastic jugs and or pinecones to construct enrichment for the animal ambassadors. This program can be a one-day program or extended over a weekend.
- Superheroes! – Superheroes have lots of special powers, but how many of those powers are also found in the animal kingdom? This program is designed specifically to tie in the achievements of our Wildlife Rockstars as brain trauma survivors and is individualized and styled for each show based on attendees and presenters. The educational premise is to introduce the animal ambassadors based on their survival techniques and what makes them thrive in their environment. School settings will be given a follow up activity where they can write about if they were an animal what their superpower would be.
- Bust A Move – This educational program is designed for younger children groups to discover the various ways animals move and see how much you can move like them. The program is interactive and designed to get you up out of your seat to remember the animal ambassadors introduced during the program.
- Rockstar Reading Rally- This educational program utilizes an animal meet and greet after a day program member reads a book to the group.